Skip to main content

River Canoeing

The day started with us unloading the canoes. I was partnered with Gavin. We had a little argument about who would get stern, I gave up after 2 minuets and let Gavin be stern. We lifted the canoe and placed in the water sideways, this was becaucuse the river was flowing in the direction we placed the canoe. It was a little tough getting the canoe to move, mostly because of Gavin but when it started moving it was moving good.
After everyone was on a canoe and were floating safely, Mr. Colson thought us how to do a ferry. This was pretty easy, Gavin and I got this on our first try.
Then we moved on down the river, when we got to the first rapids, Mr.Colson stopped us and told us to go one at a time and to stay staring in the rapids.
The rapids were pretty fun, I don’t think anyone got stuck at these rapids.
We saw some sweepers and strainers through our whole trip.
Kalean and Tyler were the first ones to get stuck, they got stuck in a sweeper.
Then Jayden and Nathan got stuck on a strainer, they were stuck for a while. Mr. Colson and Mariam had to help them get out, this took like 10 minuets.
When we were about 3/5 of the way done we got to rapids in which we had to carry the canoe over. This was a little hard mostly because Gavin had his good shoes on and didn’t want to get them wet. After like 3 minuets of convincing he got out and helped me with the boat.
After we got in to the river we saw a turtle.
At the start of the trip Mr. Colson told us not to paddle hard especially the bow, this was not always the case with Gavin and I becuase Gavin doesn’t know how to turn right so I had to steer right from the bow.
When we reached Ted’s palace we got out and lifted our canoe to shore.
While we were waiting 2 canoes got stuck in the rocks.
Then while a canoe was some ing to shore it flipped.

This was a very fun experience I had a lot of fun and would defiantly do it again. In my personal opinion I found river canoeing raiser then lake canoeing becuase river canoeing was less tiring.

Thanks for reading,
Hashim

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Most Important thing about wetlands in my opinion

           In my personal opinion I think that carbon mitigation. Reducing carbon reduces pollution. Pollution is one of the biggest problems facing our planet today. Wetlands help balance the amount of carbon in our air, too much carbon is bad and too little carbon is also bad. But wetlands help keep a balance so that there is just enough carbon in the atmosphere.

What is interpretation?

By definition interpretation is  the action of explaining the meaning of something. But interpretation is much more than just explaining the meaning, interpretation is the revelation of meanings and relationships using many different types of objects, illustrative media, and by firsthand experience.  Freeman Tildien- was an American writer who wrote a book on the 6 principals of interpretation. He traveled for many years observing the ways of interpretation in national parks.  Freeman Tilden (1957) 

Fundamentals of interpretation

When I go to the wetlands I will interprete what I’m tanking about. I will start with relating something to the audience like, Talking friendly, smiling, saying hi, making small talk, and making eye contact Then I will reveal some information by, Building up the topic, and by asking questions to see if they know what the topic is about. I will then combine many forms of arts like: Telling a story, telling some jokes, acting something out, and using a picture to tell a story. I will try to provoke interest by, Playing a game, asking information, and showing a poster. Be a part of the greater whole, Try to connect the little things to a bigger picture, like how a wetlands can have a big impact on climate change. The wetlands is the little thing and climate change is the bigger picture.