Skip to main content

What is interpretation?

By definition interpretation is the action of explaining the meaning of something.
But interpretation is much more than just explaining the meaning, interpretation is the revelation of meanings and relationships using many different types of objects, illustrative media, and by firsthand experience. 

Freeman Tildien- was an American writer who wrote a book on the 6 principals of interpretation. He traveled for many years observing the ways of interpretation in national parks. 
Freeman Tilden (1957) 

Comments

  1. Very cool review of the article we looked at today. The blog looks good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Most Important thing about wetlands in my opinion

           In my personal opinion I think that carbon mitigation. Reducing carbon reduces pollution. Pollution is one of the biggest problems facing our planet today. Wetlands help balance the amount of carbon in our air, too much carbon is bad and too little carbon is also bad. But wetlands help keep a balance so that there is just enough carbon in the atmosphere.

Fundamentals of interpretation

When I go to the wetlands I will interprete what I’m tanking about. I will start with relating something to the audience like, Talking friendly, smiling, saying hi, making small talk, and making eye contact Then I will reveal some information by, Building up the topic, and by asking questions to see if they know what the topic is about. I will then combine many forms of arts like: Telling a story, telling some jokes, acting something out, and using a picture to tell a story. I will try to provoke interest by, Playing a game, asking information, and showing a poster. Be a part of the greater whole, Try to connect the little things to a bigger picture, like how a wetlands can have a big impact on climate change. The wetlands is the little thing and climate change is the bigger picture.